Not only do you need to pick a good piece of steak, but also do you understand how the steak is cooked to its perfect point. The chef Gordon Ramsay gave us a lesson on how to cook a perfect steak. It is actually not very difficult to cook a great steak.
Sear your steak, don’t boil it
[embedplusvideo height=”379″ width=”625″ standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/RW3ay3k0lek?fs=1&hd=1″ vars=”ytid=RW3ay3k0lek&width=625&height=379&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=1&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=&notes=” id=”ep3252″ /]
- Season your steak with some salt and pepper
- You need to warm your pan
- Add some olive oil
- Wait until your pan starts smoking (it means that you are ready to cook your steak)
- Put your steak in for about 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Turn your steak to the other side and sear it for about 1 minute
- Turn your steak to its side and put it to the side of the pan
- Turn your steak every minute so that it can be cooked evenly (if you want medium rare or more)
- Add some crushed garlic
- Add some butter and pour the melted button on the top of your steak
- Touch the firmness of your steak to know whether it is rare, medium rare, medium, or well done (watch the video for more details on this)
- Rub the garlic on your steak to enhance the flavor
Your steak is ready! Enjoy!
If you want rare steak, sear your steak for 2 minutes on each side and 1 minute on the side of the steak.