Many people have complained that in Windows 10, iPhone is not detected when they plug it in the computer. Here are the steps to fix it.
- Make sure you are running on latest version iTunes. You can download the latest version at http://www.apple.com/itunes
- Open Control Panel
- Select Hardware and Sound
- Select Devices and Printers.
Your iPhone or iPod should be displayed in the Unspecified section. Right-click it and select Properties.
Note: If you don’t see your device listed here, ensure you have selected to trust the PC on the device and you are using a supported cable.
- Select the Hardware tab, then click the Properties button
- From the General tab, select the Change settings button
- Select the Driver tab, then select Update Driver
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software
- Select Browse… then navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. If you don’t have this folder, check in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
- Click Next and then Close